Considering a Remote Workforce?
Are you looking to expand your workforce but don’t have the office space to hold more people? Consider hiring people to work remotely. Remote workers can be a cost savings for both the employer and the employee. The employer saves money because they can utilize a smaller work space, saving money on facilities costs. The employee saves money on transportation costs and flexibility.
Here are some of the challenges and possible solutions:
From talking with your team to answering questions from clients, communication is a critical part of running your company. This makes it probably the toughest challenge with working remotely. You need to have a system in place that allows for simply and efficient communication from anywhere.
- Voice Over IP (VoIP) allows you to leverage IP communications solutions that allow communications with co-workers and clients from virtually anywhere.
- Office 365 offers a powerful and feature rich productivity tools including Skype for Business, Office products and SharePoint. These products, among others allow for real-time collaboration.
Remote users need mobile devices to work from multiple locations. Any mobile device that is offsite increases the opportunity for a security issues. Lost or stolen devices are a big risk that must be addressed.
- Keeping your network safe and your data secure begins with network security services. Regular reviews of your network defenses help to ensure that potential gaps are closed before they can be exploited. Users need to be authorized based on need and permitted access only to those resources they require for their job function.
- A robust and aggressive endpoint protection and DNS firewall solutions are critical to keep your network safe from phishing attacks, ransomware and other cyberthreats. There are many options on the market but we recommend a unified managed solution like our Phalanx product which provides endpoint protection as well as a DNS firewall that travels with the device as well as mobile device management for mobile phones and tablets.
- A multi-layered and managed approach to network security.
Interested in adding remote users or already struggling with any of these challenges? Gnosys Networks can help! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352.870.2034